
I'm feeling such an amazing sense of happiness, astonishment and relief right now.
So, basically, I'm predicted B's in History, English & Geography, and a C/D in French. I went to collect my results knowing that I would be extremely pleased to get those grades, I'd be amazed if I managed to achieve 3 B's. BUT, I turn up, open my envelope and don't believe what I'm reading! I even checked the top to make sure they were my results. What do I see in black & white on the piece of paper, 3 A's and a C for French! I was utterly shocked, still am a little bit! I'd have been overwhelmed to even get one A, but to get 3 in the subjects that I'm continuing with was just fantastic! Makes me so happy, that I've proved to myself that I am good enough, that all the hard work I put into revising for my exams and generally trying hard in lessons and my work finally has paid off. I was so fed up of trying so hard, only to not quite get what I wanted to achieve. But I've exceeded even my wildest expectations! Maybe the past 12+ years of trying to be a "good student" finally means something, the fact that I haven't worked so hard to then fall at the last hurdle before university.
Now I know that I've got another year to go, and that my grades could very easily go down, but I've now got even more determination than before to succeed, to work ruddy hard and to get results that I really want, that I've always desired to achieve. If January's dissappointing results were a wake up call to try harder, these results have only spurred me on to get to where I want to be in life...and just maybe that, in my mind, I am "good enough" and can get what I want if I put the effort in.
And now I can look at some uni's that I'd pretty much eschewed aside as I thought I wouldn't get the grades. In some respects though, good grades have thrown a spanner in the works as now I may be able to apply to my aspirational universities as well as others that I like but had lesser tariffs :)
Sorry if I sound too happy in this blog or whatever, but it makes a change, eh :)
Oh, and I had a lovely night celebrating with Hid, Steviebabes, Dan, Amybabes, Tom, Claire, Carys, Jay and Kirst.
It's fair to say that I'm definitely lovin' life 2k10 right now!
xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment