
Ignorance is most definitely not your best friend, even though I'm sure Paramore would try to disagree with me on that one. I think ignorance comes in a few forms, from being ignorant of the situation you're in, ignorant of someone's feelings, ignorant towards the effects that something you do may have... lots of different incarnations really. Whats so terrible about this can be how you cannot make the person realise that they are acting in the way they do (clearly hence them being called ignorant in the first place!) Sometimes though, it appears that some purposely decide to be so seemingly ignorant about a situation- they have made the decision to ignore something that's going on. I think that this has a really negative impact on yourself, as well as everybody around you.
If you don't face things straight on, then you can never say that you tried your best at something, or that you made the most of things. Neither can you learn things from some experiences if you stop moments from happening by turning a blind-eye to it. And also, perhaps being so ignorant actually makes you miss out on chances in life, be it relating to education, relationships or events. Unfortunately for some though, they don't seem to change and stop being ignorant about something, and will never know what they missed out on, which as I said before, means that you can't possibly learn from things and all of those missed opportunities.
I can, on the other hand, understand why some people turn to ignorance- as a safety net. Somehow it protects you from things, sometimes from the truth, or from hurting, or from trying something new that you're unsure about. And maybe this works for some people, I must admit that with some things in the past I've tried to become ignorant of them, to use it as a barrier to hide true emotions or to try and stop certain feelings. But then again, it doesn't always work and can backfire horribly.
So really, either way "ignorance" isn't particularly a good thing.
(A very random blog post, but ah well.)

No comments:
Post a Comment