
I've been messing around with some literary stuff, just to try and broaden my writing skills...
"In some ways, I am still utterly in love with him.
It's near impossible to not be having felt such feelings towards someone for so long.
What obviously hurts is that this turbulent emotion is not replicated on,
what was once, the other half of a beautiful relationship.
Over time, the pain begins to subside.
An excruciating stabbing sensation fades into a dull ache,
but it's always there, subconsciously tearing you up inside.
Hopefully that ache will one day turn into a scar,
healed when somebody else fills the current void in me that I cannot help but constantly sense.
But that scar will always be there, no matter how much you try to conceal it.
The pain you once felt will still crash upon you like a tsunami from time to time.
I'd like to think that going through it makes you stronger,
and I'm pretty sure that it does, eventually,
but there will forever be a small brittle part of you that crumbles,
whenever your thoughts stumble upon what you have tried so hard to keep firmly locked away in the back of your mind.
That is the poison of your first love."

No comments:
Post a Comment