Thursday, 13 January 2011

Dust Bowl Dance.


I am gradually beginning to forget.


Forgetting those silly phrases that you used to always say.

Forgetting the way you laughed.

Forgetting which side your hair parted on.

Forgetting the shape of your chest.

Forgetting how you used to breathe so deeply, yet sensitively.

Forgetting the curvature of your spine.

Forgetting your terrible yet endearing attempt at a Spanish accent.

Forgetting the melodies you used to play me.

Forgetting how we lay next to eachother night after night.

Forgetting how your hand fitted so perfectly into mine.

Forgetting that way your eyes light up whenever you saw me.

Forgetting the times we just sat there, so serenely.

Forgetting that you loved me.


Now, all I can seem to remember are the negatives.


Remembering how you used to complain about my lack of selfconfidence.

Remembering when you forced me to do things.

Remembering the face you pulled when you didn't agree with what I believed.

Remembering the arguments about petty, to big things.

Remembering the times when you did not want to see me.

Remembering how you lied to me.

Remembering the extent of how much you pushed me to the edge.

Remembering the intense pain I felt.

Remembering what I got rid of, for you.

Remembering how you broke my heart.


I don't want to forget the things that are beginning to fall away, out of my subconscious. I don't want to remember all the times that caused me so much hurt, that pushed me to my lowest moments. Makes the time I spent on you seem benign, invalid, pointless. I want to stop hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment